Sunday 7 August 2011

3. Kevin, Julia and a possum named Blinky

Following on from my introductory post I have decided to mess with our not so legit overseas friends after they enquired about my wife's car...
Note - This is 100% REAL. I know that is hard to believe but seriously it is, I encourage you to try it for yourself :)

I had more than 1 reply to my car ad and after the Harry Potter saga I had to do it again, twice more in fact. Here is Nigerian fun part 2...

A text message arrives:

Hi,I'll like to know the present offer you have received on ur vehicle. E.mail me <address>



I am asking $4,200 for the car and again I add an extra zero to feel out if he is for real or not.


Hi,
Thanks for your message. I have had one person look at the car but haven't heard back yet so not sure if they will put in an offer. Price is $42,000 and it is in great condition.


Thanks,


A legit buyer would notice the incorrect price but...
 
    
Hi thanks for mailingback,am ok with the price and the condition,
i won't be able to comefor the inspection due to the nature of my work,
Let me know your mode ofpayment,as i can do payment through pay pal
and bank transfer.
If any of this isaccepted,get back to me with your pay pal or bank
details,so i can effectpayment and contact my courier agency(pickup)
to arrange a convenientpickup time with you once payment has been
sorted by me.
Await your response
Luke Brown


Here we go again. Ok last time we may have cheated a bit because from message one it was clear he had no idea about Harry Potter. Let's just be ridiculous this time (OK there is one line of embedded Aussie political humour)


Hi Luke,
Thanks for your interest and follow up email.
Just to let you know I have had a higher offer and wanted to check that you are still interested or not.

This is a very rare car and a single one off made by a returned war vet Kevin who's dying wish was to create something in his wife's image. The shape of the boot reflects her curvacious behind and the head lights were her big round blue eyes. The leather steering wheel was cured by nuns from a local abbey and made from the war vet's pet possum Blinky.

The car is a firey red and named 'Julia'. Unfortunately when Kevin's back was turned Julia rolled over him and he never recovered.


This car has a great look and history. Please let me know if you are still interested.
Kind regards,


Ok, I'm sorry. I got carried away too early and ruined it. There is no way I am getting a response to that.


Am still very much interested and i can add to the offer if you let me know


Whoa! Are you kidding me. I don't really know where to go from here. Bob Brown bobble head included? ummmmmmm


I'm just going to move onto the next buyer. What will it take to stop these guys?


No comments:

Post a Comment